Monday, September 19, 2011

Mommy Hood

So it's Monday, and I'm in for another crazy packed week of mommyhood.  Work today and Wednesday.  Physical therapy for Sadie.  Gymnastics and dance for Marilyn.  Family dinner at the school.  Teacher conference. Oh, and Friday is our anniversary.  We've been married for 7 years, which is strange to me.  I think because I started telling everyone we'd been married 7 years LAST year, so now it's like time stood still.  I'm not sure what happened - maybe I'm just a big liar.  Maybe I was confused.  Regardless, I have to own it and redo our year of "having been married 7 years".  It's okay.  I love the man, and I'll redo a year with him anytime.

I'm reading a great book right now called Don't Ride Your Bicycle In the House Without a Helmet by (I think) Melissa Greene.  Our next-door neighbors Debbie and Roger loaned it to me, and it's great.  It's about a family here in Atlanta that had 4 children biologically, then adopted 5 more.  The adopted children were older, ranging from 4 to 13 years in age.  She's got a fantastic sense of humor, and it's really hard to put the book down.  Having adopted myself, I can relate to the uncertainty and fear she feels throughout the adoption process, the doubt of her abilities to parent this little person, and the joy she gets as she sees them each blossom.  I give it two thumbs up!  It's inspiring.

Marilyn's new favorite word is "buttocks" and she uses it whenever she can.  She told me over the weekend that she hopes that she won't lose all the hair on her buttocks.  It was a little disturbing.  She's such a drama mama, and she can cry at the drop of a hat.  Friday night as she choked back sobs at dinner, she told me she was just really sad because she didn't have school the next day.  "I (sniffle) just really love school!"  I tried to assure her that we would hopefully make the break worth her time.  It was a good weekend - lots of time spent with friends.  The weather has gotten a bit cooler here, and I want to build a nest.  I want to bake and take care of all of my little chickadees. Of course, I have no idea when all of my grand home-making ideas will take place, but a girl can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment