Thursday, September 22, 2011

Babies and nannies and knitting

It's Thursday, and it's hot in this house.  I just took off my pants.  I was on the phone with my sister Andrea, and the babies were chasing me in circles around the house screaming.  Of course now that I'm off the phone, they have no interest in me whatsoever.  They're like cats.  Actually, Sadie is the cat in the family.  Jake is much more like a dog - always smiling and ready to give his love to everyone.  Sadie needs to check you out for awhile and decide if you're worth her time.

Natalia (our super nanny) is off in search of her last vaccine, so she can enroll in Georgia Perimeter College.  I'm so proud (sniff)! Our little au pair is growing up.  It's our second year with Natalia, and she's the bomb.  I have no idea how I would have survived the last year without her.  With twins you have twice as many appointments and half the sleep that you do with one baby.  Okay, I made that up.  I've never had one baby.  Marilyn was 17 months old when she came home to us from Guatemala.  She could already walk, feed herself, and wipe her mouth with a napkin.  Yeah, not so with the Jake and Sadie.  They're doing fantastic, though, don't get me wrong.  Jake can crawl faster than a speeding bullet.  Sadie can stand on her own for seconds at a time. I think I just took it for granted a bit, that they would be walking and talking by now.  And composing their own music.  And winning the Nobel Prize.

I found a really cool pattern for a pair of socks I want to knit in all of my spare time.  Ha.  That's not going to happen for awhile.  I've been knitting The Never Ending Blanket for Marilyn for the last two years.  I started it about the time I got pregnant, and nausea prevented me from getting very far.  Then life did.  Now I'm back to it.  I'll post a picture when I'm done.  It should be cute.  Hopefully it will be finished before she goes to college.

No comments:

Post a Comment