Thursday, April 7, 2011

Getting started

I have a lot of crazy ideas and big dreams about how I want to live.  Of course, most of these stay in the "one day when I have more time" category, but I'm hoping to start living more intentionally.  I have a beautiful 5-year-old daughter, Marilyn, and 11-month-old twins, Sadie and Jake.  The last two years have been a haze of pregnancy nausea and sleepless nights.  I've been lucky to achieve the minimum and keep my sanity.  Now that the babies have learned to sit up and can sleep through the night (finally), I feel like it's time to pick up where my life stopped in 2009.

Right now we're at Lake Hartwell for spring break.  We rented a pontoon boat, and we've been relaxing.  The house we're staying in is HUGE and beautiful.  It makes me wonder about the family who's second home is twice as big and 3 times as nice as my everyday digs.  The house was obviously decorated by a professional - EVERYTHING has to do with wildlife and hunting.  It's got a cabin-mansion feel.  It's also got 30+ dead animals on the walls, including 4 bears.  Poor little bears.

Did you know that cougar, puma, and mountain lion are all the same animal? I had no idea.  I was reading Marilyn a book about the animals of North America, and there it was.  Marilyn and I had been debating what the dead animal in the sleeping loft here was.  She voted for Cougar, but I insisted in my motherly wisdom that, no, it was a mountain lion.  Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment